On December 6, 2018, the IOM Moscow Chief of Mission took part in the inter-university scientific-practical student conference “Modern humanitarian challenges: trends and solutions”, which was organized by the St. Petersburg branch of the Russian Red Cross.
The conference was attended by students enrolled in the following areas: international relations, international law, political science, conflict management, etc.
The main topics of the conference were:
- The work of humanitarian organizations - problems of access and security
- Protection of human rights in situations of armed conflict
- Forced migration of population
- Actual problems of development and implementation of international humanitarian law
- Russian contribution to the formation of international humanitarian law and ideas of humanity.
In his speech, IOM Moscow Chief of Mission introduced the students to the main areas of work within the International Organization for Migration.
Photos from the St. Petersburg RRC web-site